In STORM Training Centre training of ROV pilots
is organized in accordance with “STORM-M”
Technology in 3 steps:
Duration of training is three weeks
For Stage 1 two weeks are required.
Theoretical training is carried out in the distance
form with the use of CBT Modules Library in your
- work in the team, mutual help and communication;
- choice of instrument, required for technical maintenance;
- safe routine and technical maintenance;
- ROV technical maintenance;
- ROV fault finding;
- reports on the progress of works and recording;
- use of ROV control organs;
- ROV control in the normal environmental conditions;
- ROV pre-dive check and post-dive check;
- Participation in ROV launch and recovery operations.
Acquisition of practical skills
Stage 2 with one week duration is organized in Moscow.
Much attention is paid to ROV Piloting tasks.
During training 2 ROV apparatus of observation
class are used: AC ROV (SP50) and ROVBUILDER,
equipped with a manipulator.
During practical lessons there is
familiarization training with the use
of ROV Piloting Simulator.
Assessment of skills and knowledge
On Stage 3 at the last day of training there is knowledge
evaluation of theoretical knowledge and practical skills.
For evaluation of the achieved practical skills student is
given the tasks including demonstration of the full list
of piloting skills.
Knowledge evaluation is performed in
STORM Training Centre office in the
form of computer testing and interview.