In STORM Training Centre training of ROV pilots is organized
in accordance with “STORM-M”
Technology in 3 steps:
Assessment of and practical skills and knowledge
For Stage 1 two weeks are required.
Theoretical training is carried out in the
distance form with the use of CBT Modules
Library in your personal account
- work in the team, mutual help and communication;
- choice of instrument, required for technical maintenance;
- technical maintenance of instruments used for underwater technical works;
- connecting instruments, used for underwater technical works, to ROV;
- ROV pre-dive check and post-dive check;
- reports on the progress of works and recording;
- participation in ROV launch and recovery operations.
Acquisition of practical skills
Stage 2 with one week duration is organized in Moscow.
During practical lessons there is familiarization training
with the use of ROV Piloting Simulator.
Assessment of skills and knowledge
On Stage 3 at the last day of training there is knowledge
evaluation of theoretical knowledge and practical skills.
For evaluation of the achieved practical skills student is
given the tasks including demonstration of the full list
of piloting skills.
Knowledge evaluation is performed in
STORM Training Centre office in the
form of computer testing and interview.